Monday, March 15, 2010

Long Time, No Blog

I know it has been well at least a month since my last blog, I have been crazy busy with everything! Here is what has been going on:

First of all during my science lesson I had the Principal, Super Superintendent of the Snohomish School District and a board member come in to Jamie's room. Of course it was while I was teaching, but the kids where really good while they were there (Praise the Lord).

Another exciting thing that happened was Amy had to take an afternoon off and had a sub, I got to be the teacher for the whole afternoon. It was great! I got to re-establish myself as a teacher with the kids. I went over that it was OK that I don't do things like Ms. Grimes because, we are different people etc. The reason I had to do this with Amy's class is there are a handful of kids who are constantly reminding me of how Ms. Grimes does it. Ever since then they have done much better.

Also, even when Jamie and Amy are at school, they have been letting me take over the afternoons while I'm there. I love it! It is giving me such great experience being up in front of the kids. Because of this I have been able to experience the kids when they are behaving really well and not so well.

That's about all I can think of. Hopefully it won't be so long in between my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment