Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break

This week Seattle Hill is on spring break! Which means for me I just have classes this week. Any ways, after spring break I will begin to teach some new things. Such as, Math and Social Studies. I think teaching both will be fun but, I just haven't taught them yet, it will be something new. I have my third and final observation coming up in three weeks and it will be during math. It is so crazy how time has flown by being at Seattle Hill. It makes me sad to think I will be saying good bye to the kids I have been working with all semester. As a teacher I will have to do this every year.

Which brings me to my next point, as of right now it is unsure whether or not I will be doing my full time student teaching in 2nd grade. Because, both of my teachers might be moving grade levels. Scary thought! Here is what Jamie and Amy believe will happen, Jamie will move to 4th grade and Amy will move to 3rd grade. What does that mean for me? Well, I would most likely stay with Amy and move up to 3rd grade. All this means that I would be working with the same group of kids that I am with now, and just continuing on from where we left off at the end of this year. Not as scary as I thought.

Now to go back a little ways, it has been so long since my last blog. I have had my second observation it was during science. Over all it was a success. Except for one part, when the kids took the pinwheels they had made outside to see if there was any wind, a huge gust of wind came taking all of the pinwheels with it. All the kids started to scream and chase after their pinwheel, there was absolutely nothing I could do but laugh. My professor was standing in the back laughing also. So much for good management! All in all ,it was a great lesson the kids enjoyed it and so did my professor.


That about sums up everything exciting in my world of student teaching, so weird to think that I only have 4 weeks left... CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment