Friday, September 10, 2010

Curly Hair

Yesterday, while I was tracing the kid's heads for a project. One of my girls Sara has curly hair and seems to be pretty self conscious about it because, she is the only one in the classroom with curly hair. So, I began to tell her how I had curly hair too but, I just straighten it most of the time. Sara asked me if i would wear it curly tomorrow, and of course I sad yes. When she came in to the classroom this morning, she ran up to me gave me a hug and said your remembered! The excitement in her voice was just enough to know I made her day and that I cared.

I think I will be wearing my hair curly more often.

3 comments:

  1. I love this...you're such a great teacher already. :) I bet you're super cute with curly hair too (I haven't seen you with it curly in quite some time). Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your simple act of going to school with curly hair will forever be remembered by Sara. But more than sharing curly hair Sara knows that she is loved by her teacher which will impact her for life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile, Heather. You are a wonderful person. : )

    ReplyDelete