Monday, September 20, 2010

The Swing of Things!

Last week was the first full week back at Seattle Hill, it was so great!

Here are just a couple of quick updates with what has been going on:

- taught my first science lesson and it went really well. Amy had a meeting and wasn't even there so I was "teacher".

- We have now started switching kids for math and reading. I had the chance to be part of the whole process this time in testing the students and diving them up into their different groups. It is a ton of work!

- My professor for my full time student teaching came out to meet with Amy and I. It went really well and I am super excited for when she comes to observe.

- My first observation is on Monday. I will be teaching a mini writing lesson on adding detail to our writing to make our audience more interested. For the first observation it will be only a 20 minute lesson.

- I love going to school every morning and connecting with each student more and more.

- Third grade is such a fun age, they actually get your jokes... its amazing... (they also think your really funny)

these are just a couple of highlights from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment