Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Week

Seattle Hill started on Wednesday and so many great things have already happened.

First of all, it is so great to see all the preparation that goes in to getting the classroom ready and planning out the new curriculum at the beginning of the year. It is a LOT of work! I enjoyed every minute of it, and just soaking it all in. I have such a great CT that it couldn't be any better. I also, attened my first back to school all district breakfast and teacher meetings.

Wednesday, was the first day of school. WOW you tell that the kids haven't sat that long all summer long. The majority of the day was going over procedures and how the classroom works. The rest of the day was filled with many little get to know me activities and fun projects. It was so great to see all the kids that I worked with last year and have them in class again. The hardest adjustment for the kids was my new last name. They all know me as Ms. Craig and We had to explain to them that I got married and now have a new last name. They are doing a better job at remembering to call me Mrs. Lee then I am doing in responding to my new name. I guess I will get used to it super fast. The best part of the first day was having all my students coming up to me even after a whole summer remembering who you and giving you a big hug. There is nothing better than that.

Toady, Thursday was equally as great. Our time was filled with going over more procedures as well as some more fun activities that go along with our mystery theme. We also, started beginning of the year assessments to start up our switching groups.

All it all it has been a couple of awesome days. I can't wait to see what this semester will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment