Monday, January 4, 2010

First Offical Day

Today was my first official day for my part time student teaching in my classrooms. There is a 's' because, I have two mentor teachers, Jamie and Amy, and will be working with two sets of students. Its going to be a lot of names to learn. Along with all the names to learn there are two sets of twins and one set of triplets all identical, they already think it is so funny to trick me. These first couple of weeks I will be doing lots of observing as I learn how the classrooms works and familiarize myself with the curriculum.

During math, I had the opportunity to work with a small group of students who were struggling with there addition number strings. I worked with 5 students and saw good progress as we practiced the problems. They will be given the assessment tomorrow. So we will see how they do. I also, helped students as they needed help through out the time I was there.

Over all, I would say my first day was a blast, I can't see myself doing anything else but teaching! One exciting thing that Jamie Roesler (one of my mentor teachers) infomed me of was that I would be getting my own desk!

That raps up my highlights from my first day at Seattle Hill Elementary. Many more highlights to come.

A Teachers Prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for reminding me of where to begin and where to return in times of confusion, need, and anxiety.

Thank you for working in me and in my students to create reverence for you and trust in you.

Help me to more effectively share your love with my students.

Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Heather, you're going to be an incredible teacher! I can't wait see how this all unfolds...it's so exciting!

    P.S. I'm loving the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your adventures!! I agree with Anne - you're going to be an incredible teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting Heather! Good luck with the twins and triplets. I babysat nine year old triplets for a summer and it was the hardest job.

    ReplyDelete