Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday!

WOW, I can't believe that I have already finished my first week at Seattle Hill. It went by a lot quicker then I ever imagined. Today was a great day, I spent the day in Amy's room today and taught phonics and reading vocabulary. It went so much better than the last time I taught phonics. I was much more confident and comfortable with what I needed to teach, it was great. But, you could definitely tell it was the students first full week back to school after break and the fact that it was Friday. They we so tired and on edge with all of their classmates, it was crazy. During the math portion of the day I witnessed my first second grade boys fight, and Amy was so nice and asked me to help them work it out. Oh man, they all wanted their own way, in the end they worked it all out and played their math game very well together.

After lunch, I saw Jamie do factoids sense I will be doing them next Thursday with the kids. Thats all for Friday. Fridays in the Snohomish school district are always early release so it was a short day.

Thats the highlights from my first week of part time student teaching! I am so thankful for my mentor teachers and their willingness to let me teach their students so soon. I will have such a great experience at Seattle Hill Elementary!

No comments:

Post a Comment